Looking for a Fraser Island day trip? Well this one day adventure with the team of Fraser Explorer packs in all the best bits of the largest sand island in the world for those who are a bit pushed for time on their East Coast adventure!
After being picked up from your accommodation you‚Äôll head across on the barge to Fraser Island where you‚Äôll cruise around the beaches and through the rainforest with your guide on a comfortable¬† air conditioned 4WD bus.
With stops at Lake Mackenzie, 75 mile beach, Eli Creek and the Maheno Shipwreck you‚Äôll experience why Fraser Island is such a highlight of any trip to Australia.
And with the choice to depart from either Rainbow Beach or Hervey Bay it‚Äôs easy to fit into any travel itinerary.
|Start Locations||Rainbow Beach, Hervey Bay|
Holiday surcharges apply to Easter, school holiday and xmas periods – please contact use for more details if you wish to travel on these dates.
This is not a tag along 4×4 tour (where you have the opportunity to drive) – transport is on a guide driven 4×4 tour bus.
- Courtesy pick up from your accommodation and barge transfers to Fraser Island. Please enter pick up destination when booking online.
- Full-day guided 4WD tour.
- Buffet lunch at Eurong Beach Resort.
- National Park fees.
What you’ll see
- Central Station – now a tourist stop in the middle of Fraser Island, this historical site used to be a bustling logging station.
- Wanggoolba Creek – saunter along the boardwalk to discover ancient King Ferns and look up in wonderment at lush, subtropical rainforest.
- Lake McKenzie – relax on its sandy white beaches or take a dip in its crystal clear blue waters, picture perfect is the best way to describe Fraser’s most photographed lake.
- Seventy-Five Mile Beach – drive down Fraser Island’s own highway and keep an eye out for dingos as well as Air Fraser, taking off and landing right on the beach. You can take this scenic flight as an optional extra and see the island from a birds-eye view.
- Eli Creek – wade or float down this fast moving stream, straight to the Coral Sea or just sit-back and unwind on the sandy banks.
- Maheno Shipwreck – stretch your legs and imagine the grandeur of a bygone passenger liner, washed ashore in 1935 that has been reduced to a magnificent rusting wreck.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – stop to take a picture of these heavenly dunes and hear the Dreamtime story of how these hued sand cliffs where formed.
Itinerary can change due to tides and weather conditions.
TO FRASER ISLAND FROM FRASER ISLAND:
- Pick up from commercial accommodation from 7.15am
- Pick up times can vary due to tides.
FROM FRASER ISLAND TO RAINBOW BEACH:
- Drop off to commercial accommodation from 5.00pm
- Return times can vary due to tides.
TO FRASER ISLAND FROM HERVEY BAY:
- Pick up from commercial accommodation between 6.45am and 7.45am
- Ferry departs River Heads at 8.30am
FROM FRASER ISLAND TO HERVEY BAY:
- Ferry departs Wanggoolba Creek at 5pm, arriving back to River Heads at approimately 5.30pm.
- Drop off to commercial accommodation or coach terminal
Please reconfirm your tour and pick-up location 72 hours prior to your departure date.
If you are holding an open dated voucher please let us know ASAP to avoid disappointment. Subject to availability.
Free Phone: 1800 249 122