Want to take your furry friend along for the adventure and need some pet friendly accomodation in Byron Bay?
Whether you want luxury apartments or a spot of nature with pet friendly camping in Byron Bay, here’s 10 of the best options for you and your four legged friend!
Top 10 Pet-Friendly Accommodation Options in Byron Bay
With so many things to do in Byron Bay, your furry family members wouldn’t want to miss out on the fun. Wondering where to find the top accommodation that welcomes animals with open paws? We’ve got you covered.
Get ready to pack your bags and your pets, too. Here are the best pet-friendly places to stay in Byron Bay.
1. Byron Bay Hotel and Apartments
Address: 20-22 Fletcher St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Best Price: Rates start at AU$228 per night.
Byron Bay Hotel and Apartments provides pet-friendly accommodation in the heart of the city. It is 0.2km from the town centre and within walking distance to must-visit locations like Byron Bay Markets (0.3km).
The 4-star boutique hotel features stylish hotel rooms and one to three-bedroom apartments, perfect for family vacations. Pet-friendly rooms are offered at an additional AU$80 per night.
- Air-conditioned rooms
- An outdoor pool
- Byron Bay tour information and bookings are available on the premises
- Two on-site restaurants
- Dogs can run freely at Belongil Beach (0.35km)
2. Shambhala at Byron
Address: 14 Childe St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Best price: Rates start at AU$420 per night.
Shambhala at Byron offers a peaceful escape with breathtaking views. Escape the bustling city with a serene experience at this 4-star haven surrounded by lush gardens. Shambhala provides modern accommodation in a tranquil rainforest setting away from the town centre (2.3km).
From lounging in a Balinese hammock to private access to Belongil Beach, you’ll enjoy an exceptional stay. Most importantly, the hotel welcomes pets at a nightly charge of AU$45.
- Awe-inspiring gardens for your pet to play in
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Wellness facilities – a spa, sauna, and steam room
- Nearby attractions – Arakwal National Park (3.5km) and Cape Byron Lighthouse (4km)
- Sun terrace and barbeque facilities
3. Lena’s Beach House Byron Bay
Address: 3 Burns St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Best price: Rates start at AU$575 per night.
Experience the classic Byron Bay lifestyle at a charming holiday home that is Lena’s Beach House. Situated in central Byron, it’s just a 2-minute stroll to town and in proximity to several top attractions.
You’ll have the entire house to yourself with a kitchen, an outdoor dining area, and a relaxing garden. It features four bedrooms and accommodates up to seven individuals and pets.
- Private air-conditioned beach house
- Pet-friendly (additional charge of AU$84 per day for each pet)
- Outdoor dining, garden, and barbeque facilities
- Dine at dog-friendly restaurants – OCA Organic Cuisine and Arts (3.9km) and Treehouse on Belongil (2.2km)
4. Byron Bay Rainforest Resort
Best price: Rates start at AU$150 per night.
Address: 39-51 Broken Head Rd, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Surrounded by 16 hectares of coastal rainforest, Byron Bay Rainforest Resort offers a rejuvenating holiday stay. It is just 3.3km from the town centre. And with Byron Bay Golf Club only 3km away, ideal for those who want to enjoy a few rounds on the fairway.
The 3-star hotel is ideal for young families, couples, and disabled travellers. You can enjoy a quiet environment with friendly service and few crowds.
Four-pawed family members are welcomed. Generally, the daily cost for large dogs is around AU$20 and AU$15 for smaller pups. As these charges differ depending on the size of your pet, it’s best to call before making your booking.
- Secluded cottages with a kitchenette and balcony
- Magnificent gardens for a morning stroll with pets
- Games room
- Barbeque facilities
- Health and healing massage services
5. Ron’s Beach House
Best price: rates start at AU$575 per night.
Address: 75 Shirley St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Ron’s Beach House is an upmarket holiday house located 1.1km from Byron Bay town centre. It offers exceptional garden and pool views and is ideal for a family or group holiday.
It features four bedrooms and accommodates up to nine individuals. The beach house is an animal-friendly property with additional cleaning charges applied when booking with pets.
- An outdoor pool and water slide
- Entire pet-friendly holiday home
- It is near Main Beach and Wategos Beach where you can enjoy fun kayaking tours
- Patio and barbeque facilities
- Dog-friendly Belongil Beach is right on your doorstep (0.28km)
6. Cruisin in Byron
Best price: Rates start at AU$140 per night.
Address: 19 Coral Court, 2481 Byron Bay
Cruisin in Byron is a contemporary holiday home with a resort feel, located 1.8km from the town centre. The one-bedroom house is perfect for relaxing couples getaways – with your beloved pet.
This affordable accommodation offers spectacular garden views and lush grass for your precious pups to play. You can enjoy a relaxing stroll through the Arakwal National Park (1.2km) to Tallow Beach (2km).
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Pet-friendly – no additional costs.
- Quiet environment
- Barbeque and outdoor dining area
- Off leash adventures at Tallow Beach
Note: We recommend keeping an eye on your pets as the property is not fully fenced.
7. Jades on Lawson Apartments
Best price: Rates start at AU$542 per night.
Address: 31 Lawson St, 2481 Byron Bay
Jade on Lawson Apartments provides a 4-star stay with easy access to shopping and beach activities. It is located in a shopping village – only 0.3km from the town centre.
Jades on Lawson Apartment 1 features three bedrooms that sleep up to seven individuals. It is pet-friendly accommodation – your precious pups are welcomed free of charge.
- Air-conditioned apartment
- Spa and wellness centre
- An indoor hot tub
- Outdoor and barbeque area
- Enjoy a healthy meal at Byron Fresh (0.35km) – a local dog-friendly cafe
8. Buddha’s Bungalow
Best price: Rates start at AU$857 per night.
Address: 222 Broken Head Rd, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Enjoy 4-star accommodation at this cosy holiday home in Byron Bay. Buddha’s Bungalow offers a pet-friendly stay, just 4.9km from the town centre. The two-bedroom house is suitable for up to six individuals.
Buddha’s Bungalow provides splendid forest views, a fire pit, an outdoor deck and barbeque facilities. You’ll find Suffolk shopping village opposite the premises and Tallow Beach only 0.3km away.
- Bungalow situated on a two-acre protected wildlife sanctuary
- Restaurant and bar
- Pets are allowed (additional AU$20 per night)
- Scenic dog walks
- Wellness and fitness facilities
9. Vintage Caravan Stay in Byron Bay
Best price: Rates start at AU$80 per night.
Address: Red Devils Camping Cnr Bangalow and Broken Heads Rds, 2481 Byron Bay
If you’re seeking a camping trip with pets, head to Vintage Caravan Stay in Byron Bay for a comfortable stay. The campsite is 2.7km from the town centre.
The accommodation features a cosy caravan with a single and a double bed. You’ll have access to a shared kitchen, bathroom, and outdoor play equipment for kids.
- Kids play equipment
- Free parking (no reservations required)
- Easy access to dog-friendly shores like Tallow Beach (0.8km)
10. Ingenia Holidays Byron Bay
Best price: Rates start at AU$129 per night.
Address: 5-37 Broken Head Road, Byron Bay 2481
Ingenia Holidays Byron Bay is a family-owned holiday park located 3.2km from the town centre. The park provides several cosy cabins and two-bedroom villa options.
It is ideal for families and features a swimming pool, kids play area, and barbeque facilities. There is a communal kitchen, and some accommodation options provide a private equipped kitchen.
You’ll encounter ample grassy grounds and spectacular garden views to enjoy a walk with your furry friend.
- An outdoor pool
- Private walkway to dog-friendly shores – Tallow Beach
- Picnic area
- Laundry services
- Pets are allowed – free of charge with the Studio Cabin – Pet-Friendly option
Have you headed to Byron with your pet before?
Any other suggestions for pet friendly accomodation in Byron Bay