Is scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef part of your Australia bucket list? Well for those who love scuba diving this Great Barrier Reef Scuba Dive Liveaboard with the crew of Deep Sea Divers Den is the ideal way to spend the maximum amount of time in the water!
Choose from 2-7 days on board and you’ll enjoy the exclusive moorings on Saxon and Hastings Reef, moving around to dive a variety of dive sites as well as finding the best conditions each day.
With up to 5 dives per day (including a night dive) you’ll spend plenty of time under the water exploring this incredible network of coral reefs and meeting all the marine life that calls it home.
From huge balls of shoaling fish through to reef tip sharks and even the famous Wally – a friendly giant Maori Wrasse.
For those who love the macro stuff the nooks, crannies and variety of corals provide the perfect home for heaps of smaller marine life too – so get on the hunt for those nudibraches.
It’s a case of eat, sleep, dive repeat on the world famous Great Barrier Reef!
Not a certified diver or just coming along to snorkel? No worries!
Please note, the below is for the 2 day, 1 night option – contact us to book a longer stay.
|Accommodation Options||Double Ensuite, Twin Ensuite, Quad Share|
|Trip Options||2 Day 1 Night, 3 Day 2 Night, 4 Day 3 Night, 5 Day 4 Night, 6 Day 5 Night, 7 Day 6 Night|
Day Of Arrival
• Deep Sea Divers Den will provide a shuttle from your Cairns’ City accommodation*, pick up is at 7:30am.
• Once at Deep Sea Facility we will finalise any paperwork and arrange storage for any excess luggage. Then it is off to the Cairns Marlin Marina where our transfer vessel SeaQuest awaits to take you away to your snorkelling/diving adventure.
• A hop, skip and jump away is our first destination on the reef (90 mins) and on the way out our talented and experienced crew will take you through a safety briefing for the boat and also your chosen activity.
• Once at the reef is time to gear up and explore the hidden wonders that make it the GREAT Barrier Reef.
• Lunch is provided on board with something for everyone. A delicious tropical buffet with your choice of salads, cold meats and fruit.Complimentary Tea, Coffee and Water is also available
• In the afternoon it is time for another reef location and more exploration before we transfer to our Liveaboard vessel OceanQuest.
• After settling in on-board there is the chance to hit the water again in the afternoon before taking some time to relax and chill.
• Dinner is served at 5pm and is freshly prepared on board by one of our wonderful chefs.
• Then it is time to find out what goes bump in the night on the Great Barrier Reef. Our Certified Divers have the opportunity to do a Night dive and our snorkellers get to experience our “Sharks in the Dark” program
• Time now to relax and maybe trade “fish stories” with the other guests (I swear it was THIS big!). The bar is open until 10:30pm but make sure you get a good nights sleep as the Reef awaits you in the morning!
DIVES; 4 (Inc 1 Night Dive)
Full Days Of Stay
Wake up to the Sunrise on the Reef and get ready to witness the “changing of the guard” on your first dive of the day. The early morning dive gives the opportunity to witness the night patrol going to bed and the daylight critters coming out to play. Well worth the early wake up call!
• Most important meal of the day and it is a buffet style brekkie lovingly prepared by our on board chef.
• After Breakfast there are two more dive/snorkel opportunities
• Lunch is a buffet freshly prepared each day by one of our wonderful chefs.
• Time in the afternoon for some relaxing as well as your fourth dive of the day.
• Wonder what’s for Dinner?? Once again prepared for you by our rock star chef of the day
• What will we see tonight? Time to jump in for the Night Dive and find out or maybe even try a Fluoro Dive!
• Time to chill and contemplate what an awesome day it has been before bedtime so we can do it all again tomorrow.
DIVES; 5 (Inc 1 Night Dive)
Day Of Departure
Good Morning Sunshine! Time to get out there and make the most of your final day on the Reef with the Early Morning Dive.
• Breakfast buffet, Yum
•After breakfast it is the last of your scuba adventures and time to pack up and get ready to sadly farewell your OceanQuest family until the next time. (go on stay one more day! Ask the crew about upgrading for another night – subject to availability)
•Fill up on one more yummy meal with the buffet lunch
• 3pm transfer to SeaQuest for the 90min trip back to the Cairns Marlin Marina
• Once back into Cairns we will return to the Divers Den facility to collect any luggage and then arrange to have you transferred to your City Accommodation*.
– Cairns city transfers
– All quality diving and snorkelling equipment, including wetsuits and dive computer
– 2 Cell torch hire for night dive
– All meals whilst on board. Tea, coffee and chilled water all day
– Air fills
– Bed linen
– Fresh showers
What’s not included: Reef and Port Authority charge @ $20 per day (includes $3.50 EMC, $16.50 fuel levy, Port & Administration Charges, GST), camera/video hire, soft drinks, alcohol, snacks. Guided dives.
What to bring: Hat , towel, swimsuit, sunscreen and sunglasses.
*BCD, regulator, dive computer, mask, snorkel, full foot fins, 5mm Short arm/leg wetsuit
Departs: 8:00am, Daily
Returns: 4:30pm, Daily
– Digital camera hire
– Bar purchase (snacks, beverages)
— Dive guide ($15 per person, per dive)
– Prescription masks
CERTIFIED DIVERS – Please remember to bring your dive card. If you do not you may be required to sign a ‘Statutory Declration’ and dive with an Instructor on your first dive which will cost an extra $15.00 Open date tickets (subject to availability) please give 7 days notice to book Ph: 07 4046 7333 or from outside AU: +61 7 4046 7333. Extra costs: $60 AUD reef tax & fuel levy.
Deep Sea Divers Den