Marvel at the annual whale migration along the East Coast of Australia with this Port Stephens whale watching tour, departing from Sydney.
Running between June and October each year, this Sydney Whale Watching tour heads up the coast to Port Stephens, one of the best places on the East Coast of Australia to whale watch.
Taking in some of the iconic sites of Sydney on the roadtrip to Port Stephens (including the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge) this whale watching tour even includes a quick stop for some sand boarding at Stockton Sand Dunes.
Easily one of our favourite Sydney day trips – this is one you wont want to miss out on
- Every year between June & October, close to 10,000 humpback and minke whales migrate along the East Coast of Australia. Witness the greatness of these extraordinary creatures on our whale watching trip in Port Stephens, and spot some of the dolphins that live in these waters. However today we will treat you to more than whale watching only, we also take you to a working wildlife sanctuary and you will go sandboarding!
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Return air conditioned vehicle transfers from Sydney to Port Stephens
- Visit to Walkabout Wildlife Park
- Sandboard the impressive Stockton Sand Dunes
- Whale Watching Cruise (1.5 hours)
- Free time for swimming (conditions permitting)
- One of our awesome guides will pick you up early morning and soon you’ll find yourself going over the Sydney Harbour Bridge towards the mid north coast of New South Wales. Our first stop is Walkabout Wildlife Park where you get up close and personal with Aussie wildlife! Pet a kangaroo, feed the farmyard animals and say G’day to the resident Emu!
- When we arrive at Port Stephens, take a break for lunch (own expense) at Nelson Bay, the main town of Port Stephens. There are a few cute little souvenir shops around so feel free to have a browse and take in the local atmosphere.
- Then we board a boat to go whale watching! The Australian whale watching season runs from June to October so if you get the chance to book this tour, you’re in luck! Plenty of whale will be playfully showing off some acrobatics as they make their way along the coast for their annual migration!
- After our whale watching cruise, we take you sandboarding at Stockton Beach! We will jump in a big 4WD and cruise over the huge Anna Bay dunes to find the biggest drops possible to go down! Embrace the challenge, take a deep breath and whizz down huge the sand dunes on a boards especially designed to fly down sand!
- Our Port Stephens whale watching day tour departs every Wednesday and Saturday from Sydney during whale season (June – Oct). Looking forward to having you on our tour so we can show you to this stunning part of Oz!
- Lunch (bring a packed lunch or grab lunch at one of the Nelson Bay cafes)