Shark cage diving has got to be on everyones ultimate travel bucket list – adrenaline surging as a Great White Shark looms out of the depths towards you!
Port Lincoln in South Australia is one of the best spots in the world to get face to face with Great Whites and this trip with the crew of Calypso Star Charters is the original and still the best way to see them!
From Port Lincoln you’ll head out to the clear waters of Neptune Island where you’ll also get the oppounity to see the local seal lions playing in the waves before the crew choose the best location for sharks.
For those who want the ultimate thrill it’s time to get your wetsuit on and climb into the cage, where you’ll enjoy up to 45 minutes in the big blue as sharks cruise past and come in for a closer look!
If you’re not quite brave enough to get in the water with them you can also come aboard as a spectator – an exciting experience on its own too as fins circle the boat and shark breach the surface.
You’ll soon find that the fear drifts away though and you’ll be in awe of the true beauty of these misunderstood creatures as they gracefully cruise around and check you out.
Travelling with friends? Contact us for group bookings of two or more for some awesome discounts!
All prices also include the $39.70 park fee – applicable to all bookings.
|Trip Options||Adult, Child|
Charters depart 10 days a fortnight from the Port Lincoln Marina (contact us for exact dates)
Transfer services operate from several accommodation venues in Port Lincoln for $10 per person. Please enquire about these at the time of booking.
Please Note; Sharks are wild animals so sightings are not guaranteed.
- Meet at our office 3/10 South Quay Blvd Port Lincoln at 6:00am to the smell of fresh coffee!
- Depart the Marina at 6:30am as the smell of hot muffins fills the air
- Enjoy the 3 hour journey to the crystal clear waters of the Neptune Islands
- On arrival at the Islands view the Sea Lions that inhabit the area
- The Skipper selects the day’s location, based on weather, the anchor is dropped and a quick safety briefing is conducted
- Now it’s time to shark dive!
- The cage enters the water and the crew begin to chum and bait the water
- Groups of up to eight at a time – largest shark cage in Australia
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are all supplied
- Relax, unwind and enjoy the journey home sharing stories with your fellow passengers
- Return time – Due to the nature of the activity we cannot guarantee the exact time we will return to the Marina at the end of the day. The return is subject to weather conditions and shark activity. Every effort will be made on the day to give everyone the opportunity to sight sharks, even if this means staying on site for additional time. Generally we will return around 6pm but we have returned as late as 9pm. Guests are therefore required to stay a minimum of two nights in Port Lincoln, the night before and the night after the charter, to ensure you do not miss any flights.
- Go Pro Hire $60
- 16gb SD card to keep
- Highlights Photos $35
- Highlights from the day on a USB
Merchandise and alcohol available for purchase onboard – Eftpos facilities available
Open date tickets, please contact office to confirm a date for booking. Ph: 08 8682 3939 or from outside AU: +61 8 8682 3939.
Calypso Star Charters
Phone: 08 8682 3939
PO Box 2058 Port Lincoln 5606 Australia