A Great Ocean Road tour is one of the best things to do from Melbourne¬†- the perfect way to escape the city and discover some absolutely stunning slices of Aussie coastline.
If you’re looking to fit in all the best bits of the Great Ocean Road but want to avoid the crowds then this Reverse Tour with Wildlife Tours is perfect.
Departing in the early morning this trip opts to head straight through to the highlight of any Great Ocean Road Tour – The 12 Apostles.
By heading there first you avoid the huge crowds of tourist and can enjoy the views across this part of the coastline in a much more relaxed way.
Once you’ve got your postcard perfect shots of the magnificent 12 Apostles you’ll spend the day making your way back to Melbourne, stopping at all the highlights along the way.
Stop for ice cream at Apollo Bay, take a quick wander around Lorne, and enjoy some awesome rainforest walks – a great way to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Victoria and even spot some wild koalas too at Cape Otway Lighthouse.
Wrap up the day in Torquay (the birthplace of Ripcurl and Quiksilver) with an Aussie BBQ, before heading back to Melbourne in the evening.
An awesome day trip form Melbourne and the ideal way to see the Great Ocean Road for those who don’t drive or don’t have time for an overnight tour.
- Colac Park – Enjoy complimentary morning tea at your first stop to the Great Ocean Road
- London Bridge or Gibson Steps –Enjoy a short walk to one of these spectacular rock formations
- Loch Ard Gorge – Towering limestone cliffs, and amazing shipwreck tales
- 12 Apostles – View the beautiful limestone stacks that form the mighty 12 Apostles
- Otways Rainforest – Feel dwarfed as you stroll past some of the tallest species of trees in the world
- Picnic Lunch – Enjoy a picnic lunch along the Great Ocean Road
- Apollo Bay – Quaint seaside town stop for refreshments
- Wild Koalas and Wildlife Viewing – Spot wild koalas and beautiful coloured native birds
- Coastal Views – Experience world class coastal views as we wind our way along the Great Ocean Road
- Lorne & Anglesea – Pass through popular seaside resort towns
- Beach Walk – Get some sand between your toes
- Memorial Arch – Take some pictures at the historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch
- Surf Beach – Watch the surfers at an iconic Aussie beach
- Dinner in Torquay – Enjoy a delicious Aussie barbecue or pizza dinner before returning to Melbourne
Departs: Melbourne Daily – between 7am – 8am
Returns: Approximately 9pm
Open date tickets are subject to availability, please give 7-14 days notice to book. All bookings must be reconfirmed 24-48 hours in advance. Ph: 03 9393 1300.
Wildlife Tours Australia
Phone: 03 9393 1300