Fraser Island is one of the biggest bucket list items on the East Coast of Australia and there’s no better way to see it than a 4WD tag along tour.
This trip with the team from Dingos Resort¬†spans 3 days and 2 nights – where you’ll soak up all the amazing experiences that the largest sand island in the world has to offer.
From the crystal clear waters of Lake Mackenzie and the refreshing Champagne Pools¬†to the magnificent sand dunes of Lake Wobby and the views from Indian Head Lookout – this trip packs in a lot.
At night you can kick back¬†under a blanket of stars, camping in true adventurer style.
But best of all¬†you get to cruise along the beach in a 4×4 – which is an epic experience in itself!
…and don’t forget to keep a watchful eye out for the local dingoes!
After loading up all the 4x4s and completing the driver briefing it’s time to head to Fraser Island, departing by 9:30am, where you’ll catch the ferry and begin your adventure! Cruise up the beach and inland through the jungle tracks to the stunning Lake Mackenzie. Make sure you’ve packed your GoPro and swim stuff! Around 3pm we drive up the beach to our campsite, for an early dinner and some well deserved drinks and fun!
Time for your first full day on Fraser Island! Highlights from the day include;
•Floating peacefully down Eli Creek
•Taking some awesome pics at the magnificent Maheno Shipwreck
•Stunning views across the coastline from Indian Head Lookout
•Coloured Sands and The Pinnacles
Your final day on the island! Wake up early to make the most of the last of your time by hiking through the rainforest tracks to Lake Wabby – the deepest lake on the island and the perfect spot for a morning swim. After checking out the surrounding sand dunes it’s time to make your way down the island to the ferry crossing.
Once back on the mainland we head back to the 4WD shed where you unpack and quickly clean the cars. We return to Dingos Resort between 3pm and 4pm
PLEASE NOTE; Exact itinerary will vary depending on weather and tides
- Venture across the whole of magical K’gari (Fraser Island) in self-drive 4x4s with a group of fun, adventurous travellers
- Visit the beautiful Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek and Champagne Pools
- Hike Indian Head to be rewarded with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean
- Sleep beneath the stars in a private, exclusive campsite which is managed by the Butchulla (K’gari’s First Nations people)
- Relax in Eli Creek and explore the ancient rain forests
- All your food for K’gari (Fraser Island)
- Fuel for 4x4s
- Tent, camp mat, sleeping bag and pillow
- All camping, National Park and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfer
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- All 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- 4x4s escorted onto the ferry
- Luggage storage and safety deposit
- $20pp comprehensive insurance to be paid on arrival at the Safety Briefing.
- BYO alcohol (no hard liquor or goon allowed – pre mixed cans ok).
What to Bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Swimwear and towel for those wishing to swim
- Refillable water bottle
- Small day bags only
- Driver License (if wishing to participate in driving)
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review